Items for sale US and German. Scroll Down.
Staff Sergeant Victor Sykes Grouping
(WW2) 3-21-1914 to 9-9-1961
Enlisted 11-2-1940 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania directly into the Air Corp.
B17 Tail Gunner 381st Bomb Group, 532nd Bomber Squadron WW2
31 mission flown from 2-17-1944 to 7-12-1944
Reenlisted paperwork 1945. His prewar enlistment was not "for duration of war"
Retired out of the US Air Force as a Master Sergeant with the 405 Transportation Squadron United States Air Force. Died in 1961.
Included in the grouping:
1. WW2 Distinguished Flying Cross. Named: VG Sykes 13044838 with WW2 box
2. WW2 Air Medal. Named VG Sykes 13044838 with WW2 box.
3. Berlin Air Lift Medal. Post war construction with box.
4. Occupation Medal. Post war construction with box.
5. Good Conduct Medal. Not named, WW2 construction with box.
6. American Campaign Medal. Post war construction. NO BOX.
7. World War II victory. WW2 construction with box.
8. National Defense. Post War construction with box. (May 67)
9. American Defense Medal. WW2 construction with box. Damaged label.
10. ETO campaign Medal. Post war construction with box missing label.
11. Flight Crew Wings. Marked "SILVER .900"
12. Ribbon Bar with all medals represented with oak leaves and stars on Air Force uniform backing.
13. PAPERWORK: Find a grave confirming Arlington Burial. 1945 re-enlisted confirmation. Copy of original Arlington internment form 10-287. Picture of headstone at Arlington.
Item Number: SYKES01. Price: $600
Contact: 269-214-2797 firstname.lastname@example.org